843.259.1444 : firstname.lastname@example.org : kyle.stock.wordpress.com
Reporter: Dow Jones, New York, April 2009 – present
• Cover the labor market of the finance industry for FINS.com, including details on hiring, layoffs, compensation and financial products.
• Report and write select pieces for The Wall Street Journal and its various Web sites and blogs.
Knight-Bagehot Fellow: Columbia University, New York, August 2008 – May 2009
Business Reporter: The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C., June 2003 – July 2008
• Covered aviation, energy and tourism/hospitality for the business desk
• Wrote a weekly column on the tourism industry comprising news, debates and economic indicators.
• 2008 Green Eyeshades Award, 2nd place, Breaking Business News
• 2007 Gerald Loeb Award finalist
Reporter: PC World magazine, Washington D.C., January – March 2003
• Covered federal events, rulings and legislation affecting copyright law, the telecommunications industry, spam, Internet commerce and privacy rights
Reporter: Bloomberg News, Brussels, Belgium, September – December 2002
• Covered European Union trade policy and antitrust rulings
• Reported quarterly earnings and other news relating to companies listed on the Belgian stock market
Business Reporter: Medill News Service, Chicago, June – August 2002
• Covered the manufacturing industry for the Daily Herald in Arlington Heights, Ill., the Daily Southtown in Chicago and The Times in Munster, Ind.
Reporter: Shore Line Times, Guilford, Conn., December 2000 – August 2001
• Held the sole reporting position for a town of 30,000, covering crime, features, business and municipal government news
Volunteer: Global Service Corps: Machakos, Kenya, September – October 2000
• Organized visits to area schools and taught children HIV awareness
• Organized health programs at a local orphanage and a local clinic
Columbia Business School: Columbia University, New York
• Master of Business Administration awarded May 2010
Medill School of Journalism: Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
• Master of Science in Journalism awarded March 2003
The Colorado College, Colorado Springs, Colo.
• Dual Bachelor of Arts in English and Biology awarded May 1999, cum laude
Software Proficiencies: Access, Excel, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop